Neff, one of our kitchen appliance suppliers, enjoy sharing cooking tips and recipes with clients and suppliers alike.
A few years ago when looking for a tasty nibble to serve with drinks at our Winchester Kitchen showroom birthday party, I tried the recipe below. So much more than a humble toastie, they went down a storm and are now a favourite at our house. This recipe has certainly done the rounds. There’s a vegetarian option too! Simple to make, I promise you won’t be disappointed.
- 6 slices of bread
- 55g (2oz) butter or margarine
- 110g (4oz) cream cheese
- 110g (4oz) smoked salmon pate or smoked salmon trimmings
- 15 – 30ml (1 – 2tbsps) chopped dill or coriander
- Salt and black pepper
- 140g (5oz) cheddar cheese, grated
Quick and Easy
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1. Butter one side of the bread.
- 2. Mix together the cream cheese, pâté or smoked salmon, herbs and seasoning.
- 3. Spread on the un-buttered side, slice into quarters and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- 4. Place on a wire grid over the roasting/grill pan and cook at 180ºC for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- 150g tub of mushroom pate, Or 110g – 170g (4 – 6oz) assorted chopped mushrooms (lightly fried in 30g (1oz) butter), 110g (4oz) cream cheese, garlic (optional)
- Mix together and spread as above.